Maine Downtown Center Workshop – Fundraising and Finance with Kathy La Plante from the National Main Street Center
Date: Monday, August 10, 2020
Location: Virtual workshop
During our recent Downtown Together phone calls it became clear that many of our Main Streets and Affiliate organizations are struggling with fundraising and financial management in the time of COVID-19. This has prompted MDC to ask each of our members to consider the following questions:
– Do you have an annual fundraising plan?
– What is a realistic fundraising plan in the time of COVID?
– Are your contributions coming from your municipality, local businesses and residents?
– Who can you raise money from now?
– How are you budgeting and what does your cash flow look like?
MDC members are invited to join us and Kathy La Plante from the National Main Street Center for a ZOOM session on August 10, 2020 from 2:00-5:00pm to discuss these topics, and more. This will be a virtual, participatory, hands-on workshop, with some pre-session homework to help participants get the most out of it.
We recommend 2-3 people attend from each organization. The session will be recorded for others in the organization that are not able to attend.
There is no charge for this workshop, however, registration is required. Please email Joanna Crispe at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.