Employment Opportunities – 2 positions currently open
Job Announcement: Program Director I
MDF provides leadership, trusted research, and creative cross-sector partnerships to enable Maine business, community, and policy leaders to drive Maine’s long-term economic growth. Created in statute in 1978, MDF is a private, non-profit, non-partisan membership organization working with leaders statewide for sustainable growth. Our signature programs include Measures of Growth for the Maine Economic Growth Council, Leadership Maine, Policy Leaders Academy for the Maine Legislature, Next Step Maine, the Forest Economy Project, and the Maine Downtown Center. More information is available at www.mdf.org
The Maine Development Foundation is seeking a Program Director who will primarily support the programs and services of the Maine Downtown Center, a core program of MDF. This position will take program direction from the Downtown Center’s Senior Program Director and is responsible to the VP of Program Impact for other program / project assignments.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage, design and execute programs serving MainStreet Maine and MDF’s Maine Downtown Center Affiliate Communities.
- Provide technical assistance, training and coaching to communities.
- Planning and organizing events, trainings and programs such as the annual Downtown Conference, Downtown Institute sessions, Downtown Day at the Statehouse.
- Promote downtown revitalization across the state through public speaking engagements, research, written publications and public relations/marketing.
- Write, manage and implement grants including work plan development, meeting deliverable requirements and final reporting as directed by the Senior Program Director.
- Maintaining and expanding MDC’s public presence via the web, press and media, and social media in collaboration with the Senior Program Director.
- Supporting other MDF programs, projects and initiatives, particularly those involving community development, as a member of the MDF program team.
- Serve as one of the spokespersons for MDF and, specifically, of the Maine Downtown Center’s programs.
- Attend MDC Advisory Council Meetings as requested by the Senior Program Director
- Travel may include attending a National Main Street Center Conference, Maine Downtown Institutes, local program outreach, site visits and local program speaking invitations as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Successful program and project management experience required
- Demonstrated experience with the National Main Street program preferred
- Demonstrated grant and/or other fundraising experiences
- Highly effective interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent public speaking, research and writing skills
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree preferred
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible experience in public policy, community planning, community/economic development, historic preservation, nonprofit management or business.
Job Location: Augusta; with opportunity to work from home one to two days per week.
Travel: Successful applicant must be available for regular overnight, statewide travel using personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed) or rental vehicles.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; range of $62-$70k.
Applications consisting of one PDF combining a cover letter, resume and 250 word writing sample applicable to downtown revitalization in Maine or community development, will be accepted via email until the position is filled to: Jan Kearce – subject line: MDC Program Director.
The Maine Downtown Center is a program of the Maine Development Foundation, 2 Beech Street, Suite 203 | Hallowell | Maine | 04347
Job Announcement: Finance and Administrative Coordinator
MDF provides leadership, trusted research, and creative cross-sector partnerships to enable Maine business, community, and policy leaders to drive Maine’s long-term economic growth. Created in statute in 1978, MDF is a private, non-profit, non-partisan membership organization working with leaders statewide for sustainable growth. Our signature programs include Measures of Growth for the Maine Economic Growth Council, Leadership Maine, Policy Leaders Academy for the Maine Legislature, Next Step Maine, the Forest Economy Project, and the Maine Downtown Center. More information is available at www.mdf.org .
Maine Development Foundation is seeking a year-round and full-time Finance and Administrative Coordinator to join our team. This position includes a comprehensive employee benefit package and a competitive pay rate.
The Finance & Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supporting and coordinating office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate organizational activities. This position will also assist the Finance Department with accounts receivable functions, including membership. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently. This person must be well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting Finance and other functions / initiatives.
Core Administrative Duties:
- Performs administrative duties including:
- word processing of a wide range of correspondence and reports.
- maintaining program and member files and database.
- mailings to board, members, and program participants.
- production of printed materials.
- Coordinates scheduling of appointments and meetings for the CEO.
- Handles logistics for conferences and meetings.
- Assures proper level of office supplies.
Core Finance Duties:
- Prepare and records entries in FundEZ related to deposits, payables and receivables.
- Process credit card transactions and other electronic transfers.
- Prepares materials and works as liaison with auditors during year-end audit of MDF.
- Prepares 1099s for consultants at year-end.
Other Functions, Confidentiality:
- Manages membership database mailing list.
- Tracks member payments and assists with correspondence.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all personnel and organizational information.
- Other duties as needed.
- Associates degree preferred
- At least 3-years of experience working in a busy finance department/office environment
- Skilled with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Experience with FundEZ is a plus
- Experience with Little Green Light is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven customer service skills
- Excellent time and project management skills, with an ability to effectively multi-task
- Solid team player
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and sensitivity
- Proficiency in Excel and Word required
- Experience with database systems preferred
- Effective communication skills essential
Additional Job Information:
|Salary||Based upon experience; $18-22/hour|
|Start Date||June 1, 2019|
|How to Apply:||To apply, please send Resume and Cover Letter to John Schlosser, Director, Finance & Administration.|
|Application Deadline:||Until position is filled.|