Job Announcement: Program Coordinator
MDF provides leadership, trusted research, and creative cross-sector partnerships to enable Maine business, community, and policy leaders to drive Maine’s long-term economic growth. Created in statute in 1978, MDF is a private, non-profit, non-partisan membership organization working with leaders statewide for sustainable growth. Our work includes Measures of Growth for the Maine Economic Growth Council, flagship leadership programs (Leadership Maine, Institute for Civic Leadership, and Policy Leaders Academy) and partnerships that move our state forward (the Forest Opportunity Roadmap – FOR/Maine, Maine Adult Promise and the Maine Downtown Center). More information is available at www.mdf.org.
The Maine Development Foundation is seeking a Program Coordinator who will serve as a member of the Economic & Community Development team. This position will primarily support the programs and services of the Maine Downtown Center and FOR/Maine, both core programs of MDF. This position will be responsible to the Senior Team Leader of Economic & Community Development.
The ideal candidate is organized, process orientated, and experienced managing multiple projects in coordination with others. Their work is accurate and on-time. They are great communicators and graceful in conflict resolution. They are good problem solvers and flexible in service of larger team goals.
• Provides administrative, program and organizational support for Maine Downtown Center and FOR/Maine, along with as-needed support for other MDF programs.
• Coordinates event and training logistics to support the Maine Downtown Center and FOR/Maine, along with as-needed logistical support for other MDF programs.
• Assists with monitoring and tracking work plans with a variety of timelines for the Maine Downtown Center and FOR/Maine programs
• Assist with grant management including writing, data gathering, tracking, and reporting
• Supports program committees ( agendas, taking minutes, arranging meeting logistics, tracking participation, etc.)
• Participate in program meetings, general staff meetings and annual planning.
Profile of Successful Candidate
• Experience as a program and/or project coordinator in a dynamic organization
• Highly effective communicator with a wide range of people, in person, on the phone and in virtual meetings, in emails, mailings and on social media
• Demonstrated ability to work with a team and achieve desired goals
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and make judgment calls where appropriate
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and to identify and resolve problems
• Experience with grant writing and reporting
• Skilled in maintaining program files and databases
• Exceedingly well organized and flexible
• Integrity, credibility, and a commitment to MDF’s mission
• Comfortable using Microsoft programs
• Demonstrated experience with the National Main Street program is beneficial but not required
• Demonstrated knowledge of Maine’s forest economy is beneficial but not required
• Demonstrated experience of two years of professional project and/or program coordination or the equivalent thereof
• Undergraduate degree preferred
Position: Full time, exempt.
Reports to: Senior Team Leader – Economic & Community Development
Job Location: Hallowell with the potential opportunity to occasionally work remotely
Travel: Successful applicant must be available for some travel in state using personal vehicle (mileage reimbursed) or rental vehicles and some out of state travel.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and market. MDF has an excellent, competitive benefits package.
Application deadline: Until filled – applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Interested parties should submit one PDF combining a cover letter, resume, a sample of your work and professional references via email to Rosie Vanadestine. The subject line should read: Job Search – Program Coordinator. Inquiries can be made in confidence to the same e-address.