Program Director I, Education & Workforce
Responsible to the Senior Leader for Workforce, Education and Leadership, the Program Director is a key member of the program team, and project manager for initiatives designed to ensure Maine has the skilled workforce necessary to sustain and grow our economy. The ideal candidate is an experienced, process-oriented, hands-on project manager capable of facilitating cross sector, complex initiatives for MaineSpark Adult Promise. MDF is the project manager for Adult Promise, a track of MaineSpark. Maine Spark is a coalition of organizations focused on ensuring that 60% of Maine citizens have the right credentials of value for good jobs in Maine. The Adult Promise track focuses on adults ages 24+.
This position will work with respected senior leaders from higher education, business, human resources, philanthropy, and non-government organizations to achieve mutual goals. Meeting the 60% goal requires that every partner contributes to the overall success. A key shared strategy is creating a more transparent, easy to navigate system that aids career and college exploration and completion, and opens new doors to all Maine’s adult learners by providing a wrap-around approach that supports their learning journey.
The Program Director will expand upon existing work already underway. Primary focus will be on implementation of core strategies:
- Engage, develop and grow the MaineSpark Navigator Network
- Build out the online HUB (source for education and training opportunities) and Navigator Portal
- Bridge regional connections to ensure effective wrap-around approaches and collaboration in service to adult learners through local collaboration.
- Through public communication and outreach, ensure that Mainers know there are still good jobs in Maine, and education and training institutions are responding to the need for the right training for those jobs.
- Continue the cross-sector development, expansion and outreach efforts of the MaineSpark Navigator Network
- Build the online resources on the Navigator Portal
- Coordinate program marketing and communication efforts through media partners, presentations, social media, website and face-to-face meetings, to drive adult learners to the AdultPromise HUB and Navigators
- Provide facilitation, management and administration of advisory committees for programs
- Ensure program alignment, cross-program collaboration and inter-program communication
- Join partner coalitions as a representative of MDF and associated programs
- Participate in trade groups and learning opportunities to continuously increase knowledge related to programs and broader work of MDF
- Know all current MDF programs and services and an ability to represent, present and effectively communicate about them to external stakeholders
- Partnering with MDF team members, develop revenue generation strategies, including fund raising and fee-for-service activities, and new program/contract work in line with the program and strategic plan.
- Active participation in program meetings, general staff meetings, annual planning, budget processes, and administrative tasks
- Profile of Successful Candidate
- Demonstrated success as a project manager for multi-stakeholder initiatives
- Effective communicator – interpersonal, public speaking, written communication, and social media
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and achieve desired goals
- Demonstrated fiscal management aptitude
- Demonstrated grant and/or other fundraising experience
- Exceedingly well organized and flexible
- Information technology savvy
- 4-6 years of progressively responsible experience in public policy, community/economic development, education, nonprofit management, human resources or related business field
- Integrity, credibility, and a commitment to MDF’s mission
- A minimum of 4 years of professional project and / or program management experience
- Undergraduate degree required; graduate degree preferred
- Experience working with educational institutions preferred
- Position: Full time, exempt.
- Reports to: Senior Team Leader, Leadership, Workforce & Education
- Location: Primary location for this position is Hallowell, ME. Flexible work week with potential to work remotely and in the office.
- Salary: $58 – $65K based on experience and skills. Competitive benefits.
- Application deadline: July 7, 2020; applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Interested parties should submit cover letter, resume, and professional references via email to email@example.com. The subject line should read: Job Search – Program Director: Education and Workforce
- Inquiries can be made in confidence to the same e-address. The posting will remain open until filled. Qualified applicants may be contacted on a rolling basis prior to the deadline.