Realize Maine Network
Live. Work. Play.
The Realize Maine Network brings together regional group representation united around the cause of attracting and retaining young people in Maine.
The Network strives to promote opportunities for young people to live, work and thrive in Maine communities and creates a forum for connecting regional groups to each other, sharing new ideas and lessons learned, and works to develop tangible solutions to attracting and retaining more young people throughout Maine.
First started as an outcome of Governor John Baldacci’s Summit on Youth Migration in June 2004, today, the network is an autonomous and self-sustaining network led by regional group representatives in partnership with the Maine Development Foundation.
Together, the Realize Maine Network:
- Creates opportunities for likeminded Maine-based organizations to share best practices, share resources and collaborate.
- Celebrates the work and accomplishments of young people in Maine.
- Raises awareness about career, civic and social opportunities for young people in Maine.
- Adds value to other programs and initiatives that benefit young people in Maine.
- Informs policy makers about issues affecting young people in Maine.
Benefits of being a regional group member of the Realize Maine Network include:
- Statewide reach & expanded network relationships increase access to best practices and resources.
- Grant funds– The Realize Maine Network provides grant funding for regional groups to assist with local projects and planning.
- Leadership– The Realize Maine Network provides scholarship funds to members of regional groups for participation in leadership training programs.
Currently, the network is made up of the following regional groups:
- Cynergy (Augusta area)
- Fusion:Bangor (Bangor area)
- KV Connect (Waterville area)
- Momentum Aroostook (The County)
- Uplift L-A (Lewiston, Auburn area)
- BAY PRO (Belfast Area)
Is your group interested in joining RMN or are you looking to develop a young professional networking group in your area?
Contact: Julie Beane, Program and Advancement Specialist, email@example.com.