Institute for Civic Leadership
Learn to lead in today’s fast-paced environment
The Institute for Civic Leadership is an experiential, eight month, inward journey during which leaders hone their understanding of themselves, their teams, their organizations and communities while developing and practicing the necessary skills to lead effectively in today’s fast-paced environment.
PLEASE NOTE: We are still accepting applications as we build the LM and ICL classes. Apply now or contact Julie Beane for more information.
Know someone who would benefit from the Institute for Civic Leadership?
Are you up for the challenge? Learn to lead in today’s fast-paced environment.
MDF is dedicated to making the Institute for Civic Leadership experience accessible to all Mainers.
See the full ICL Curriculum and Program Schedule.
Connect with other Institute for Civic Leadership alumni.
Through the program, leaders:
- Delve into their capacity to lead in a collaborative, facilitative and adaptive way, and how to develop these skills where necessary
- Learn firsthand how to manage decisions and agreements for interdependent work
- Learn how to lead difficult conversations, provide peer coaching and consultation to support others’ work
- Explore systems thinking and network theory for context, perspective and intervention
- Explore facilitative methods to ensure processes and team relationships have the broadest possible impact
The Institute for Civic Leadership curriculum is designed for leaders from all sectors. Now in its 26th year, the program has graduated 750+ leaders who are passionate about having a lasting, deep impact on Maine communities.
Alumni of the Institute for Civic Leadership (formerly Leadership Intensive) describe how the facilitative techniques they use help them be effective leaders and empower their teams to succeed.
“Training and development is one of the most important methods of impacting employee engagement and retention. The Institute for Civic Leadership is a wonderful way to invest in your up-and-coming people at all levels, or to round out senior level skills.”Elizabeth Ross-Holmstrom, Founder of BreakTogether
Graduates of the Institute for Civic Leadership describe how the program enables leaders to build a network of support and collective impact.