Who is the Alliance?
The Maine Alliance of Health and Prosperity convenes and engages partners across sectors to increase impact through collective action and leverage resources to expand our reach and amplify results. We are not implementers of programs or services – that’s what our alliance members do best. Our strategies include engaging, educating, and advocating through actions like conferences, workshops and webinars, issue briefs, policy analyses, and op-eds.
Our strength lies in our deep experience, longstanding relationships, and commitment to positive, systemic change among leaders who comprise the alliance.
Our Vision: All Maine people and communities are thriving as the result of statewide, cross-sector collaboration that ensures an integrated approach to improving the public’s health and prosperity. Communities of particular concern are Black, Indigenous, or people of color, rural regions, and those impacted by multigenerational poverty and other health concerns.
Our Beliefs: Our individual and collective health is inextricably linked with our economic prosperity. The conditions in the environments where people are born, live, learn, work, play, worship, and age determine the presence or absence of both health and prosperity. Health is not only the product of affordable medical care but of safe housing, quality childcare, nutritious food, accessible transportation, and economic security.
- Keith Bisson, CEO, Coastal Enterprises, Inc.
- Rebecca Boulos, Executive Director, Maine Public Health Association
- Yellow Light Breen, President and CEO, Maine Development Foundation
- Andy Coburn, Professor Emeritus, University of Southern Maine, Muskie School
- Liz Cotter Schlax, President and CEO, United Way of Greater Portland
- Barbara Crowley, Executive Vice President, MaineGeneral Health
- Luisa Deprez, Professor Emeritus (USM)
- Lori Dwyer, President and CEO, Penobscot Community Health Care
- Morgan Hynd, Director, The Bingham Program
- Jennifer Hutchins, Executive Director, Maine Association of Nonprofits
- Barbara Leonard, President and CEO, Maine Health Access Coalition
- Heather Marden, Co-Executive Director, Maine Association for the Education of Young Children
- Robyn Merrill, Executive Director, Maine Equal Justice
- Kristen Miale, President, Good Shepherd Food Bank
- Claudette Ndayininhaze, Co-Executive Director, In Her Presence
- Hibo Omer, Executive Director, New Mainers Public Health Initiative
- Tony Plante, Chief Operating Officer, Greater Portland Council of Governments
- Abdulkerim Said, Health Equity Partnerships Coordinator, Office of Population Health Equity, Maine CDC
- Megan Shore, Policy and Strategy Director, Elmina B. Sewall Foundation
- Lisa Sockabasin, Director of Programs and External Affairs, Wabanaki Public Health
- Tara Williams, Co-Executive Director, Maine Association for the Education of Young Children
- Mike Wilson, Senior Program Director, Northern Forest Center
- Shawn Yardley, Retired, former CEO, Community Concepts
- Deb Deatrick, Consultant
- Lisa Miller, Consultant
- Jan Kearce, Maine Development Foundation
- Perri Williams, Program Coordinator